Betterphoto

30 Day Free Basic Membership Trial

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Travel light and look good at the same time

I love TED Talks.  They are short and very insightful.  I watched this one of Jessi Arrington earlier today and just had to share it with you.  Watch it and then I'll share some thoughts with you.


I would like to first say how enjoyable Jessi presentation was.  It was very funny and upbeat, but delivered several important messages.

Jessi's message on how your attitude effects how you really look is spot on.  I really wish more people (especially young girls) would listen to what Jessi says and believe it.

I'll have to admit I love thrift store shopping.  It is always like an adventure and like Jessi, it feels good to be able to help out a good organization while getting something new to wear or use in the house.

But until I watched Jessi's TED Talk I never thought about using it when I travel.  What a great idea.  With all the extra charges the airlines tack on when you fly or simply just dealing with loading and unloading the car to do a trip, going thrift store shopping when you get there is a great idea.  Then donating them back just benefits the organization again.

This is definitely an idea I like.  Thanks Jessi for the idea!  Always love an excuse to hit another thrift store.

To find out more about TED Talks, go to www.ted.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but remember to keep it clean. Any post with offensive language will be deleted.