Betterphoto

30 Day Free Basic Membership Trial

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy baby/toddler photo contest

Here is one of the cuties I am talking about.

I found out about this photo contest and thought I would pass it along to you.  Since I have the pleasure of photographing so many cute and adorable kids, I know many cuties that could easily win this photo contest.

The photo contest is being held by Food Lion the grocery chain based right here out of North Carolina.  The contest is show off your happy baby or toddler and they are giving away some nice prizes too.

The grand prize winner will receive a year supply of both diapers and baby food.  In addition to the grand prize, the 10 finalist will win $100 Food Lion Gift Cards.  Not bad prizes.

There are three phases to this contest.  Phase 1 ends May 31st and that is the deadline for all enters to be submitted.  So if you are interested in entering this photo contest, you have till the end of the month.  During the second phase, 10 finalist will be selected that will then be voted on by the public through a facebook campaign in phase three.

I took the time to read over the rules and I recommend you do too. There are 4 small print pages, but you should read them before entering.  Here are a few key points I got out of the rules.

-          You can only enter once
-          The photo must have been taken 1/1/2011 and 5/31/2011
-          You baby or toddler must be between the ages of newborn to 3 years old
-          Only the baby/toddler you are entering can be in the photo, with the exceptions of twins, triplets or multiples.  They will be considered as one entry.
-          No professional photography is allowed and you give away all copyright and ownership to Food Lion of that image.  This is something a lot of contests are going to and I don’t like it.  There is no reason for it.  They could just say they can use the image to promote the contest or future contests instead of wanting it all.  I am sure someone gave them the advice to do this, but it prevents me from entering photo contests when I am eligible. 
-          This is a facebook contest, which means you and anyone you ask to vote for your kid’s picture must “like” the Food Lion’s facebook page to enter or vote.

There is a quick summary of the Food Lion happy baby/toddlerphoto contest.  If you enter let me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but remember to keep it clean. Any post with offensive language will be deleted.