Betterphoto

30 Day Free Basic Membership Trial

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Thanks to those at GHES

Sarah in kindergarten.

I always thought dropping your baby off at kindergarten on the first day of school was the hardest thing for a mom to do.  I found out this past week that it was just a warm up.  Sarah finished the 5th grade on Friday and is heading to middle school next year.

It seem like just yesterday I was dropping her off in Mrs. Hurley’s classroom.  Heck, it seems like yesterday I was waddling around pregnant with her.  Can someone please tell me where the pause button is?

Graduating from the 5th grade
I clearly remember walking Sarah into the building that morning.  She was very shy, quiet and reserve.  Now, she is almost as tall as me and shows a bit more of personality.  That might be considered an understatement.

She is growing into a wonderful young lady.  The staff at GHES has a lot to do with who she is growing up to be.  They are a very special group.  They are a family and we became part of their family over these past six years.

During the Honors Chorus performance.
All of the teachers at GHES are wonderful.  They work as a team to make sure each student receives the love (yes, it shows that they love their students), support and structure that they need.  I am not going to try to name them all, because I would end up naming every one of them.  But thank you to each of you.

I know Sarah has made some friends and memories for life while at GHES.  I also think she has found something she loves in Chorus.  I was so proud when she was selected to be part of the county wide Honors Chorus.

During the Jan Chorus program
During her last Chorus program at GHES, I watched her sing and perform so focused, so serious, so well trained.  The young lady performing on the stage was a long way from the little girl that just stood there during her kindergarten performance.  Special thanks to Ms. Yoder for helping to develop the love for singing Sarah has now.

Soon Sarah will start middle school and I am sure that is going to be yet another trying milestone.  But I know she has developed a good foundation thanks to all of those at GHES.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment, but remember to keep it clean. Any post with offensive language will be deleted.